WhatsApp Design Principles
A product designer at WhatsApp listed these 5 rules WhatsApp sticks to when designing a product for over a billion people.
WhatsApp designs and builds its product with specific principles in mind. These principles are at the core of the decision-making process. Here are some examples of these shared values:
- The interface should feel native to the device the person is using
- The app should be lightweight and require as little storage as possible
- The interface should be simple
- User actions and animations should be quick to respond
- Features should provide obvious utility so they require little introduction